Monday 23 April 2018

Ninety Thousand


Right...

Let's get right into it.

We have 90,000 views from all over the world now. By the end of the year, hopefully within six months, we will be at 100,000.

So this article is going to be partly about being ruthless when needed to reach your goals. If you are clear cut in your goals there are times when you have to be ruthless to reach them. That's because the world can be a ruthless place. The world isn't full of nice writers just trying to write. You should only be ruthless when needed- but there are times when you need to be.

If you see someone who is impacting negatively on you reaching your goals you should act on that RIGHT AWAY. Don't overthink it or be too nice- just act. Personally I have overthought it too much in the past but not any more. The more firmly you deal with it the less likely they are to mess with your goals again.

I will quickly state here- your goals should not be anything CRAZY like to kill people. You should have a reason for being ruthless. Most of the time I have been ruthless in the past is in a REACTIVE way when people have been ruthless to me first.

I think you have to have a ruthless streak in you to be a top writer these days. Nietzsche had it and it's needed now.

Yeah so you just have to have that focus on your goals to not take any shit when not needed.

Ha... quite an AGGRESSIVE tone there you could say.

The whole thing is... my goals overall will make the world a better place so I'll do what it takes to get there. I still want to be the best writer I can be, there is a lot more to come. At the same time... I want to make sure I am well paid enough for time spent on writing. I am not Mother Theresa. If you like my writing please donate or think of some other way to add value to me- that will motivate me to produce better content.

Whenever I start writing I just do it for the flow and to express what's on my mind. Maybe if I get truly famous as a writer historians will dig up poetry I wrote in the paper at four years old. I have a long way to go before people would go to that effort though- a lot of people who read are TOO PASSIVE myself included in some ways.

That's why I currently have a goal of exercise every day, or I have to give money to charity. I haven't for five years so that will be a strong motivator for me. Nothing hard about exercising you just have to do it. Have to improve my diet too.

But yeah let's talk about PASSIVE READERS a bit more. I've read over 2,000 books in my life. My life is decent now but it would be BETTER if I had just taken more ACTION based on the 'self help' books I've read. That's probably why I read less now, of regular books anyway. A lot of people don't read books at all, it's worth doing but you have to either ENJOY THE WRITING STYLE or get inspired to take action from the writing to make it really worthwhile.

Jumping in right here with more on this article...

When I was 19 I decided I could either just read books all my life or I could start writing one. So I started and that novel became Playing to Win. That's what really teaches you about writing- not just reading but writing a novel. 5p per hour but it was worth it in many ways. I didn't do it for the money although I thought it would make me more. Buy that if you want to support me.

It's free these days to set up your own blog so do it if you're into writing.

But yeah... a lot of writers died poor and I always knew I would never let that happen to me. Really the vast majority of writers have to have other income to be able to write- it's probably tougher to make money writing now relatively than a lot of points in history but I guess it's always been hard. People think about Harry Potter and imagine some writers get a lot of money. It's only the top 1% who do. I've had over £50 an hour for writing before but it's not consistent.

Still I think I will always like doing it for the flow...

Here's what Google is giving me when I'm looking at 'All Time' views... not sure it's totally accurate but it gives you a rough picture...


Lots of worldwide views... and too much passiveness from most people. HOWEVER I have connected with some great people with this blog and I believe I will connect with much more...

Anyway... for now this is the rough version of this post... will add more later. Thanks for you support. There is more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment